schedule a Free Consultation
(720) 996 - 6000

Half of all fatal motorcycle accidents occur in the summer

Riding a motorcycle is a favorite summer pastime for many Colorado and Illinois residents. While the slim, fast vehicles give a good sense of adventure, they are also sometimes dangerous. Data has shown that around half of motorcycle fatalities occur during the summer.

When do motorcycle accidents occur most often?

According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the summer months see the most motorcycle accidents occur. Out of all the accidents taking place during the year, 12% happen in June and September while 13% occur in July and August.

Fatal motorcycle accidents also increased by 11% between 2019 and 2020. Meanwhile, deadly crashes involving other types of motor vehicles only jumped by 5% during that same time period, meaning that motorcycle accident fatalities were over double that number.

What are a few statistics on fatal motorcycle accidents?

Over four years from 2016 through 2020, the majority of motorcycle accident deaths occurred because of speeding and zooming out. These dangerous habits accounted for 33% of all deaths stemming from motorcycle crashes.

Around half of all motorcycle accidents that resulted in fatalities took place during the weekend between Fridays at 6 PM and Mondays at 6 AM. The numbers were nearly split between fatal motorcycle crashes as 49% occurred over the weekend while the remaining 51% happened during weekdays.

Most deadly motorcycle accidents involve more than one vehicle. This study shows that many catastrophic injuries and deaths suffered by riders are more likely to occur when drivers of cars and other, larger vehicles fail to notice motorcycles sharing the roads with them.

Men are also more likely to die in a motorcycle accident than women. Many riders who lose their lives failed to use a helmet while riding. Helmets can reduce fatalities by around 37%, according to the Department of Transportation.

Recent Post
September 7, 2023
Calculating Damages in Denver Personal Injury Claims: What You Need to Know
A personal injury can be a life-changing experience, causing physical pain, emotional misery, and financial problems. If you live in Denver and have been through something similar, understanding how damages are calculated in personal injury lawsuits is critical. This blog will walk you through the important parts of estimating damages in Denver personal injury cases, […]
Read More
August 24, 2023
Protecting Your Rights: How to Handle Medical Malpractice Claims in Denver
Medical negligence is a severe issue that can have far-reaching effects on patients. If you've been the victim of medical misconduct in Denver, it's critical to learn how to handle medical malpractice cases while protecting your rights. This blog will walk you through the procedures necessary to successfully negotiate this difficult circumstance and provide insights into the […]
Read More
1 2 3 18
4725 S Monaco St
4725 S Monaco St, Denver, CO 80237
View larger map

Contact Us Now

Don’t Wait – Get a Free Case Evaluation Today!
Let us come to you or visit us at either of our two convenient Locations In Downtown Denver and DTC
At Fiedler Law, we believe you should never have to pay the price for someone else’s poor judgment. We understand the hardship and loss that result from a serious injury or wrongful death. Our Denver and Chicago law offices have been fighting on behalf of injury victims and their loved ones for Over 25 years. We leverage that experience and expertise to fight for the compensation you deserve.


4725 S. Monaco Street Suite 120 Denver, CO 80237
Phone: 720-996-6000Fax: 720-696-7962
1800 Wazee Street Suite 300
Denver, CO  80202
77 West Wacker Drive Suite 4500 Chicago, IL 60601
Phone: 312-788-2600Fax: 312-741-1010


© 2023 Fiedler Law | All Rights Reserved | Terms & Conditions | Privacy Policy

Powered by: